Return or renew library items on time: An overdue fine can prevent re-enrolment, graduation or access to results.
With HE exams over and study being completed for other courses, the Library is reminding and encouraging all students to return or renew their loans on time to avoid getting a Library infringement notice or fine.
You can return your items to any campus library or use the following after-hours return facilities.
Chutes available 24/7
Chutes for returning items 24 hours a day, 7 days a week are located at:
- St Albans Library (to the left of Library front door)
- Werribee Library (to the right of Building 1 Main entrance)
- Footscray Park (chute to the right of the ‘Library Entrance and Café Central’ door of Building P).
Renewing items & receiving free SMS Library reminders
Renew your items on time by logging into My Library.
Opt in to receive free SMS library reminders about items that you need to return or renew.
- Log into My Library, and click 'Opt in to receive library notices via SMS'.
- Enter your mobile phone number with no spaces e.g. 0412345678.
- Tick the box to ‘opt in’ and click Submit.
Returning overdue items
It is important to return your overdue items to avoid having your privileges suspended and receiving an infringement penalty.
- Items 1-28 days overdue (or less for short-term loan items): Library record and borrowing privileges will be suspended until the overdue item is returned.
- Items more than 28 days overdue (or less for short-term loan items): An infringement penalty of $20 will be issued.
Paying a Library infringement
Having a Library infringement can prevent:
- access to results.
Pay your infringement to clear your record. You will then be able to re-enrol, graduate or access your results.
For further information or assistance, please contact +61 3 9919 4266 for overdue items or +61 3 9919 2054 for Library Infringements.