Apply for the 2019 New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program (NCP) for the opportunity to live, work and study in the Indo-Pacific region.
The internal application process is now open for the 2019 NCP Scholarship Program - an Australian Government initiative that provides undergraduate Australian citizens with funding to undertake semester-based study, internship or mentorship in one of 40 participating Indo-Pacific locations.
In 2017, Victoria University student Mia Dunphy was the University’s first recipient of this prestigious scholarship. In mid-2018 she will depart for Indonesia to study at the University of Gajah Mada and work as an intern in the Center for Asia and Pacific Studies at the University.
Value & benefits
The scholarships offer a generous financial package covering tuition fees for academic and language study, a travel allowance, a monthly stipend for living costs, and other benefits, but the real value of an NCP Scholarship comes from its experiences:
- understanding a new culture
- building professional networks
- sharpening your transferable career skills such as communication, cultural sensitivity, problem solving and teamwork
- accelerating personal growth in areas such as resilience, adaptability, maturity, self-confidence
- making lasting friendships with people of different cultural backgrounds
- becoming a life-long member to the NCP community of worldly thinkers, explorers, and achievers.
Expressions of interest by video
To be considered for the NCP Scholarship, you must be aged between 18 to 28 at Janurary 2019, and have completed one year of undergraduate study at the time of departure, with a credit average of at least 70%.
The first step in applying for the NCP Scholarship Program is to be nominated by Victoria University.
Express your interest in applying by Friday, 27 April 2018 by following these steps:
- Make a short video (up to 2 minutes) to explain where and why you'd like to study on the scholarship.
- Upload your video to your favourite video sharing site
- Email your CV, including the video link, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the NCP Scholarship.
To find out about this and other overseas study opportunities, contact the Victoria Abroad Team.
Phone: +61 3 9919 1445