Applications are open for a 14-day subsidised tour of China in November 2018.
The 14-day trip includes:
- visits to historic and scenic sites
- field research at leading Chinese companies
- meeting students at the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), our partner university
- attending a Mandarin and Chinese Culture immersion training program.
Applications have closed. Please email Alonso Wang at [email protected] if you are interested in future tours.
Costs & sponsorship
Participants will need to pay for their own airfares and organise their own visas.
Other costs within China, including meals and tours, will be sponsored by the hosts, and include:
- hotel rooms
- group meals
- group transportation
- group sightseeing and entrance tickets
- travel and accident insurance in China.
Successful applicants will be offered six hours of training in basic Mandarin and Chinese culture, provided free by the VBCI.
The Victoria Business Confucius Institute (VBCI) offers Chinese-language, business and cultural workshops, and facilitates China-focused scholarships and tours.
There are over 500 Confucius Institutes globally, with the main office at the Chinese Hanban Institute. The aims of Confucius Institutes are to promote Chinese language and culture and facilitate cultural exchange.
The VBCI brings a unique business focus that complements other Confucius Institutes in Melbourne.