This research group develops and advances scientific knowledge about the human impact and causes of violent extremism.
We have an applied and translational focus that aims to have a positive social impact though building strong, safe, liveable and inclusive communities.
Collaboration is central to our approach and we seek to co-design and produce our research with our stakeholders to ensure it meets their needs.
Research areas include:
- Countering Violent Extremism
- Counter Terrorism
- Inclusive Communities
- Applied research into countering violent extremism (CVE) and counter-terrorism (CT) risk assessment tools
- Iterative Review, Validation and Development of Radar CVE Case Management Tool
- Applied Security Science Partnership (ASSP): A new generation initiative to counter violent extremism
- Evaluation of the Victorian Fixated Threat Assessment Centre (V-FTAC)
- Revisiting Risk - An Assessment of How Terrorism Subjects Make the Transition to Violence
- Mapping networks and narratives of emerging far-right social movements in Victoria
- Mapping Networks and Narratives of Far-Right Social Movements in New South Wales
- Broadcasting Model to Counter Violent Extremism
- Understanding the impact of media reporting of terrorism on countering violent extremism
- Exploring the Multi-dimensional Role of Former Extremists in the Prevention, Intervention and Countering of Violent Extremism
- From Villain to Hero: The Journey of Former Extremists
- P2P youth dialogue, storytelling and violent extremism
- Understanding the appeal of violent extremism among young people
- Dissenting Citizenship? Understanding Individuals' Vulnerabilities to Right-Wing Extremism on the Local Level
- Collaborative Centre for Resilient and Inclusive Societies (CRIS)
- Symbiotic Radicalisation: The interplay between the far-right and far-left activism In Australia (CRIS)
- The role of mainstream media in the mobilisation of radical political movements (CRIS)
- Hate speakers: Following the money (CRIS)
- Far Right in Australia: Intellectuals, Masculinity and Citizenship (ARC Discovery)
Find out who's in our team, and read our researcher biographies via the links.
Partners, funders & collaborators
We collaborate with many high-profile community and government agencies, as well as Australian universities.