Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Online)
Victoria University's (VU) Graduate Certificate in Nursing is designed for registered nurses to transform the delivery of health care services in Australia. The course prepares nurses for the challenges of clinical leadership, research and advanced practice roles in their chosen specialisation. Each course is delivered 100% online giving students the flexibility to fit study around their busy personal and professional lives. At VU, we take a personalised 1:1 approach to online learning, which makes learning with us highly interactive and supportive.
The course is delivered in VU's revolutionary 'block' model where students take one unit at a time. This means students finish their degree faster, in just 8 months, by completing units more quickly than in many traditional postgraduate courses. At the same time, students can slow their study down at any time they wish to meet the demands of work or family.
With 25 years' experience delivering postgraduate courses in Australia, VU has equipped thousands of students – from all walks of life – with the career-based knowledge and skills to successfully reach their unique career goals including promotion, salary increase and leadership.
To apply for the Graduate Certificate in Nursing you are required to have:
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Nursing, or equivalent qualification AND
- Registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) OR Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) OR equivalent registration with the relevant registering authority for applicants outside of Australia AND
- Completed a minimum of one year of full-time clinical experience, or the part-time equivalent, as a registered nurse.
You will complete a number of core units and a practical capstone project. Each unit of study lasts for 6 weeks.
Move up to the next level of your nursing career. You may be the next:
- Nurse Unit Manager
On completion of this course, Australian Registered Nurses (RNs) will be eligible for the postgraduate qualification allowance.
- VU Online provides you with the support you need, when you need it, throughout your entire course. We are here to help you succeed.
- Our highly experienced academics are responsive and accessible by phone and email. You will have your very own Student Success Advisor, who will keep you motivated and provide one-on-one personalised assistance with any non-academic matters throughout your course.
- You won't be alone – you will have access to support from your academics and online students through chat, virtual seminars and discussion board activity.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Assess and apply current WHO and Australian Health priorities and cultural competency principles to promote community health.
- Formulate and lead quality and safety innovations for improved patient outcomes.
- Assume leadership for complex care coordination for clients.
- Provide leadership in informatics and its applications to digital healthcare.
- To contribute to advancing nursing knowledge, practice and design through the evaluation of research;