Terms & Conditions
- By entering the Picturing Footscray Photography Prize (Promotion), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is Victoria University (VU) (ABN: 83 776 954 731, CRICOS Provider No. 00124K) PO Box 14428, Melbourne, Victoria 8001.
- All information on 'how to enter' forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the Promotion, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The Promotion commences on Friday 12 June 2020 at 09.00am AEST and closes on Friday 31 July 2020 at 05:00pm AEST. (Promotion Period). Any entry that is not received during the Promotion Period will be invalid.
- The Promotion is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over.
- Entrants must be individuals and not companies or other entities. Employees and immediate family members of VU and associated agencies any way involved in the Promotion, are not valid entrants in the Promotion.
- You may enter the Promotion once only
- Entries to the Promotion must:
- Be an original work, completed and owned by the submitting photographer;
- taken in Footscray within the last 18 months or inspired by Footscray from March to July 2020.
- Entries submitted to any previous years Picturing Footscray Photography Prize are not valid entrants.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory imagery, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, will not be eligible to win or be displayed.
How to enter
- To enter the Promotion entrants must:
- Select a photo taken by you in Footscray (or inspired by Footscray for entrants who cannot travel to the suburb due to COVID-19 travel restrictions) that was taken no longer than eighteen (18) months ago, that celebrates the unique characteristics of Footscray in Melbourne’s inner west. Entries can include analogue and digital photography.
- Submit a completed entry form via the online entry platform (external link) that includes a digital image of the photograph, maximum file size accepted is 5mB (5000KB), by the close date. Changes to artwork names, dimensions, mediums or dates will not be accepted after entry forms have been submitted.
- Entrants will receive a confirmation email once an entry is submitted online.
- VU will review all entries after entries close to ensure that they are eligible for digital display in a virtual exhibition to be hosted on WooBox (external link) from 13 August 2020 – 11 September 2020. Only entries that are exhibited are eligible to win.
- There will be five (5) prize categories: a first, second, third and student prize winner as well as a people’s choice award selected from the valid entries. The same entry is able to win multiple prizes.
- The first, second, third and student prize winner will be selected on the basis of their entry best capturing the character and personality of Footscray, as judged by the panel of judges
- VU will announce the first, second, third and student prize winners at a virtual exhibition opening on Thursday 13 August 2020, contact them via email and publish their names online at vu.edu.au/community and on VU social media channels.
- The people’s choice award will be selected at the end of the exhibition based on votes through an online platform. The work that receives the most votes will be the people’s choice award winner.
- The people’s choice award winner will be notified at the end of the exhibition, once the votes have been tallied. They will be contacted by email and their name published online at vu.edu.au/community.
- Winners will be contacted by email for prize delivery. If a winner has not made contact by 28 September 2020 the winner will forfeit the prize.
- No prizes can be collected unless the winner provides photo proof of identity which is satisfactory to VU.
- Student prize recipient must show valid student ID to claim the prize.
- In the event that you are a winner of the Promotion, you consent to the disclosure, publication and dissemination of your name and likeness for the purposes of the Promotion, and VU’s advertising and marketing purposes (as winner of the Promotion).
- You grant to VU on submission of your entry (Artwork) a royalty free, perpetual, non-exclusive and irrevocable licence to use, reproduce and communicate to the public the entry for the purposes of the Promotion, any purpose connected with the Promotion (now and into the future) and for VU’s advertising and marketing purposes. VU will respect the author’s moral right of attribution in the Artwork.
- VU accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. VU is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- There will be five (5) cash and in-kind prizes to be won. All amounts in AUD.
- First prize: $3,000.00 and a $300 voucher from Ernest Studio
- Second prize: $1,000.00 and a $250 voucher from Prism Imaging
- Third prize: $500.00
- People’s Choice Award: $500.00
- Student prize: $500.00 sponsored by VU’s Library Services
- The prize values are correct as at the date of printing.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
In all matters relating to the Promotion, including installations and awards, all decisions of the judge and VU will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into. Judges’ feedback on submitted artwork will not be provided.