This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to install and configure network systems for internetworking.It includes applying safe working practice, installing and configuring routers, and documenting installation and configuration activities.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, incl the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
* analysing issues/problems
* applying internetworking arrangements, subnetting and routing protocols
* applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, including:
* using risk control measures
* engaging with relevant person/s to meet scheduled timelines
* determining internetworking installation and configuration activities
* documenting internetworking installation and configuration activities
* identifying and rectifying routing, transmission control protocol (TCP)/internet protocol (IP) and access malfunctions
* implementing strategies for network development
* installing and configuring routing and TCP/IP
* monitoring quality of work in accordance with workplace procedures and relevant industry standards
* obtaining and reviewing network cabling
* preparing to install and configure internetworking systems
* selecting development tools and software
* selecting internetworking media and software.
The qualified trainer and assessor will advise students of class notes, reading materials produced by VU Polytechnic and further support via VU Polytechnic e-learning system and/or in person.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):