This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor energy sector environmental and sustainable policies and procedures.It includes preparing, planning, implementing, monitoring and completing environmentally sustainable work practice management policies and procedures. It also includes collecting, interpreting and applying environmental management information, identifying environmental impacts and assessing risks.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, incl the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
* applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, including using risk control measures
* applying sustainable energy practices
* dealing with unplanned events/situations in accordance with workplace procedures in a manner that minimises risk to personnel and equipment
* implementing and monitoring participative arrangements for the management of environmentally sustainable work practice
* implementing and monitoring the procedures for environmentally sustainable work practice
* implementing and monitoring the procedures for identifying hazards, assessing risks and controlling risks
* implementing and monitoring the procedures for maintaining environmentally sustainable work practice records
* implementing and reviewing sustainable energy procedures
* planning, implementing and monitoring environmentally sustainable work procedures
* providing environmentally sustainable work practice information to the work group.
The qualified trainer and assessor will advise students of class notes, reading materials produced by VU Polytechnic and further support via VU Polytechnic e-learning system and/or in person.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):