Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills and knowledge:
- simple words, phrases and expressions related to immediate needs in familiar transactions and social situations related to settlement, such as housing, health, banking, and other support services;
- simple adverbs and adjectives and adverbial time expressions, such as before, after;
- a limited range of simple high frequency connectives, such as and, or, but, because;
- a limited range of common high frequency verb tense forms;
- some simple phrasal verbs, such as take out, look into;
- simple question forms to seek clarification, repetition or explanation;
- intonation of questions, statements and commands;
- simple paralinguistic features, such as body language;
- use pronunciation which is generally intelligible with high frequency words and phrases in familiar, supportive contexts;
- common polite expressions, such as please, thank you, excuse me, could you;
- a limited range of common colloquial expressions, and;
- simple expressions to open and close exchanges.