Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- consulting and communicating with other project personnel;
- identifying and following relevant OHS/WHS requirements and procedures;
- reading and interpreting building codes and Australian Standard 1100.50;
- drafting concrete outlines using elevations and sectional views;
- applying labelling and dimensioning conventions for reinforced concrete components;
- specify requirements;
- preparing bar schedules and calculating steel quantities;
- applying the appropriate design criteria and in line with AS 3600, and;
- preparing and updating related documents.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- AS 3600 and CIA Reinforced Concrete Detailing Manual in the placement of reinforcement;
- concrete outlines using plans, sections, elevations and details;
- labelling and dimensioning conventions for reinforcement;
- drawing symbols;
- display of bars and fabric;
- appropriate cover;
- bar marking to identify reinforcement;
- AS 3600 to determine, and;
- construction requirements.