Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communicating and working with other team members;
- reading skills to interpret task related documentation, relevant data, job instructions, drawings and OHS/WHS procedures;
- carrying on site reconnaissance to obtain relevant data, such as survey measurements and site photographs and other required information in preparation for sewerage reticulation scheme;
- making computations and recording the results;
- assembling gathered information and data and preparing a design solution;
- setting up and using design aids;
- reviewing design in consultation with others and finalising the proposal, and;
- completing required workplace documentation.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- job brief;
- horizontal alignment;
- sewerage authority drawings;
- vertical alignment;
- fixing of vertical alignment;
- working drawings;
- septic tanks;
- package plants, and;
- small treatment plants.