Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communicating and working with other team members;
- reading skills to interpret task related documentation, job instructions, drawings and OHS/WHS procedures;
- carrying out site reconnaissance in preparation for the surveying task;
- operating surveying equipment and performing the survey;
- making computations and recording the results, and;
- preparing a report and completing other relevant documentation.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- theodolite - basic operation, testing and maintenance;
- three dimensional survey control using total stations (or theodolite and EDM);
- radiations in three dimensions using total stations and/or theodolite and EDM/Data recorder;
- mapping of engineering/construction sites using total stations and/or theodolite and EDM/Data recorder;
- computing co-ordinates and bearings and distances as related to grids and general set out works for construction works and building site set out, and;
- setting out for construction works using theodolite and tapes.