Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- recognising and interpreting electrical symbols, diagrams and schematics;
- recognising potential electrical hazard in an engineering workshop environment;
- operate electrical devices and equipment commonly used in an engineering workshop;
- recognising electrical protection devices commonly found in an engineering workshop, and;
- isolating subsection of an electrical circuit in a workshop environment.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- basic electricity;
- simple practical circuits;
- series, parallel and series-parallel DC circuits;
- electrical distribution in buildings and premises, and;
- electrical/electronic systems.