Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- use appropriate communication and interpersonal techniques with colleagues, clients and others;
- accurately record and report workplace information, and maintain documentation;
- comply with legislation, regulations, standards, codes of practice and established safe practices and procedures for undertaking and applying a BAL assessment to the design and construction process;
- analyse, interpret and integrate information;
- identify problems and apply appropriate response procedures, and;
- planning and organising skills to prepare resources required for site assessment.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- applicable Commonwealth, state or territory licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements and codes of practice relevant to the full range of processes for evaluating fire potential and prevention;
- organisational and site standards, requirements, policies and procedures for undertaking and applying a BAL assessment to the design and construction process;
- purpose and processes associated with undertaking a BAL assessment;
- underlying principles for incorporating the outcomes from a BAL assessment into the design and construction process;
- principles of cultural diversity and access and equity;
- environmental protection requirements;
- established communication channels and protocols;
- problem solving techniques;
- environmental risks and hazard prevention;
- procedures for recording, reporting and maintaining workplace records and information, and;
- appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation and measurement.