Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communication and literacy skills to read relevant, familiar texts, diagrams, illustrations, and plans and communicate using the informal and formal language of shape, and;
- problem solving skills to estimate, measure and draw plans and diagrams using familiar drawing and measuring instruments.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- signs/prints/symbols represent meaning in relation to shapes and designs;
- common two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes;
- the informal and formal language of shape, and;
- the features and conventions of plans and drawings and instructions related to assembling shapes.