Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- reading, interpreting and communicating information from engineering drawings and sketches, and;
- applying sketching skills to produce detail drawing in 3rd angle orthogonal and isometric projection.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- types and functions of technical drawings;
- engineering drawing conventions and symbols;
- drafting methods for preparing original drawings, and;
- drawing standards and conventions (e.g. AS1100).