Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- reading and interpreting documentation including diagrams, flow charts, graphs and related data;
- using various gather techniques to access and gather information for a given topic;
- planning, assembling and organising information and data for a report;
- using a personal computer and software package to format and prepare a report on a given topic, and;
- completing a set task in a given timeframe.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- sources of information on the manufacturing, engineering and related industries;
- advanced manufacturing technologies;
- diversity of the manufacturing, engineering and related industries including key sectors and structure;
- roles, occupations and employments opportunities in the manufacturing, engineering and related industries;
- qualifications/courses (VET and university) and training pathways available for manufacturing, engineering and related industries, and;
- personnel computer operations and software for producing written reports.