Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- applying WHS/OHS legislative requirements and DET/school policies in a technology teaching environment;
- identifying and controlling risks and hazards to provide a safe learning environment;
- exercising duty of care in a technology teaching environment;
- reporting on WHS/OHS hazards and incidents, and;
- communicating and working with others to reduce risks and improve safety in a technology teaching environment.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- WHS/OHS requirements in legislation;
- DET/school policies and guidelines relevant to technology teaching;
- WHS/OHS roles and responsibilities of technology teachers;
- WHS/OHS roles and responsibilities of school management;
- sources of WHS/OHS information and advice;
- hazards and risks in a technology teaching environment;
- risk controls relevant to technology teaching;
- workplace and equipment safety requirements, and;
- types of wood and/or metal working machines and their purpose.