Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- literacy skills to: source, interpret and analyse information about learning theories and their application; summarise ideas and information; collect and organise information, and; compare different views of learning.
- problem solving skills to identify and analyse the link between learning theories and teaching approaches;
- technology skills to access information about learning theories, and;
- learning skills to reflect on own learning experiences and assess potential influence on own teaching practice.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- relationship between a minimum of two learning theories and practice;
- purpose and principles that inform a minimum of two learning theories;
- factors that impact on learning, and;
- different views of how learning occurs.