Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- literacy skills to identify and interpret key words regularly used in common safety signs and symbols;
- numeracy skills to recognise and interpret the meaning of shapes in safety signage, and;
- problem solving skills to distinguish between different types of commonly used safety signs and symbols using shapes, colours and words.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- navigation skills and reading strategies to enable recognition and interpretation of commonly used safety signs and symbols;
- high frequency words used in safety signage, and;
- colours and shapes used in the main categories of safety signage.
Where to next?
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.