Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
vocabulary and expressions related to using transport, transport safety and regulations
- spoken and written language and instructions related to using various modes of transport;
- sentence structures for simple, compound and complex sentences;
- some modals and modal forms (positive and negative);
- paralinguistic features to support understanding and communication, and;
- use mostly intelligible pronunciation with adequate stress and intonation characterised by hesitation and circumlocution.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- some colloquial language.
Where to next?
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.