Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- select and apply reading strategies to interpret and analyse texts;
- apply critical analysis skills to interpret and compare texts;
- assess relevance of texts to own purposes and needs;
- assess the validity of online information;
- oral communication skills to discuss features and content of texts to establish relevance and effectiveness, and;
- technology skills to access and navigate screen based digital text to locate information of some complexity.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- knowledge of a range of vocabulary related to learning including some specialised vocabulary to support comprehension;
- knowledge of techniques used by writers to convey meaning and achieve purpose;
- understanding that a text reflects an author's culture, experiences and value system, and;
- understanding that paper based and digital information may be represented differently.