Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- respond in online discussion;
- ask for and give feedback, and;
- use online tools such as email to communicate effectively.
- access and use features of Learning Management Systems for example Moodle or Blackboard;
- access and use online tools such as blogs and wikis, and;
- send and reply to emails, SMS.
- compose online posts, and;
- prepare questions and answers.
- determine appropriate language to use to meet the purpose;
- deal with possible break downs in online group activity;
- use reflective processes to evaluate online learning;
- seek assistance as required, and;
- prioritise activities and meet deadlines.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- online discussion protocols and etiquette, and;
- privacy principles when engaging in online learning.