Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- ability to edit written work for clarity of expression;
- ability to edit written work for tone and consistency;
- ability to edit written work for grammar, style and punctuation;
- ability to work with others;
- ability to develop clear action plans, and;
- ability to use word processing software.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- a knowledge of the steps in the publishing process;
- a knowledge of standard industry practices for both paper-based and screen-based publications;
- a knowledge of Australian publication styles;
- a knowledge of conventions for citing resources and research;
- a knowledge of standard symbols for text mark-up and proof correction, and;
- a basic knowledge of the essential legal issues involved in copyright, intellectual property and libel.