Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- an ability to research information to inform experimentation in writing;
- an ability to write extended work using appropriate style, grammar, responding to proof correction and revision;
- an ability to apply appropriate techniques to a specific writing task;
- an ability to apply creative thinking to writing, and;
- an ability to experiment in the developing and refining of concepts for writing.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- a knowledge of writing theories and their application;
- a knowledge of the writing techniques most appropriate for particular purposes;
- a knowledge of the historical and theoretical contexts for writing styles and techniques, and;
- a knowledge of the copyright, moral rights and intellectual property issues associated with writing.