This unit covers the solution to problems associated with the operation of fluid controlled circuits. It encompasses working safely, problem solving procedures, including using measuring instruments, applying appropriate circuit theorems and providing solutions derived from measurements and calculations and justification for such solutions.

Unit details

Study level:
Vocational and further education (TAFE)
Unit code:


UEENEEE101A - Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace

UEENEEE102A - Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components

UEENEEE107A - Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications


Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines. Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills and knowledge: - terms and there definitions used in fluid power systems; - applications of fluid power; - Pascal's law as it relates to force transfer, multiplication and intensification; - mathematical relationships involving temperature and volume (Charles law), pressure and volume (Boyles law), pressure and volume (Boyles law) and there combinational relationships; - fluid power principles related to components and the identification of components; - operation of fluid power components; - interpretation of fluid system operation from circuit diagrams; - operation and construction of basic pneumatic circuit; - operation and construction of a basic hydraulic circuit; - routing maintenance procedures, and; - safety requirement.

Where to next?

VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.