Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- applying relevant legislation and workplace procedures;
- communicating effectively with others when developing, implementing and reviewing purchasing strategies, including consulting and negotiating with stakeholders, writing policies and procedures, and supporting staff to implement strategies;
- developing human resources, financial and other plans when developing, implementing and reviewing purchasing strategies;
- identifying and addressing problems relating to developing, implementing and reviewing purchasing strategies;
- monitoring, reviewing and evaluating purchasing strategies;
- planning and prioritising work activities, and researching and analysing data;
- preparing reports appropriate to developing, implementing and reviewing purchasing strategies, and;
- reading and interpreting instructions, procedures and information relevant to work activities.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- concept of the 'Five Rights';
- information about industry benchmarks for purchasing, including information from peak bodies, industry associations and Australian standards;
- organisational policies and procedures related to purchasing; contracting and tendering; business terms and conditions for purchasing, tendering and contracting; and ethical behaviour;
- product knowledge related to goods and services required by the organisation, and;
- relevant legislation, codes of practice, national and international standards, such as Trade Practices Act, contract law, sale of goods legislation, and legislation related to the import of goods and services.