Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- adapting appropriately to cultural differences in the workplace, including modes of behaviour and interactions with others;
- communicating and working effectively with others when working in a socially diverse environment;
- completing documentation related to working in a socially diverse environment;
- reading, interpreting and applying instructions, legislation, procedures, information and signs relevant to working in a socially diverse environment, and;
- reporting and/or rectifying identified problems promptly, in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- basic awareness of the culture of Australia's indigenous and non-indigenous peoples;
- cultural awareness;
- principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination legislation as they apply to individual employees;
- principles that underpin cultural awareness;
- recognition of the different cultural groups in Australian society;
- recognition of various international customer groups (appropriate to the sector and individual workplace), and;
- typical cross-cultural misunderstandings and problems that can occur in the workplace, and appropriate ways of dealing with them.