Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- applying chain of responsibility obligations relating to own job role on a minimum of three occasions;
- explaining the chain of responsibility obligations of own job role and at least two other job roles directly related to own job role, and;
- preparing reports of chain of responsibility breaches on a minimum of three occasions, each about a different type of breach.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- consequences of non-compliance with the chain of responsibility;
- methods and requirements to ensure management of fatigue, speed, load restraint, mass and dimension;
- parties in the chain of responsibility;
- principal obligations in chain of responsibility in the HVNL and regulations or applicable state/territory law and regulations;
- what constitutes a duty, a reasonable step, a breach and a penalty to chain of responsibility legislation as they apply to a range of job roles;
- where to locate current chain of responsibility information, and;
- workplace policies and procedures around chain of responsibility for own job role.