Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- applying relevant legislation and workplace procedures;
- communicating and working effectively with others when collecting, analysing and presenting workplace data and information;
- completing relevant documentation;
- identifying and using required communications and presentation technology;
- monitoring and prioritising work activities in terms of planned schedule;
- planning own work including predicting consequences and identifying improvements;
- reading, interpreting and following relevant instructions and procedures, and;
- working systematically with required attention to detail.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- presentation and communication techniques including barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them;
- principles of effective presentation and communication of information;
- protocols and procedures for the collection, analysis and presentation of workplace data and information using relevant technology;
- relevant procedures and duty of care requirements;
- sources of data and information and procedures for processing the information for workplace use, and;
- typical presentation and communications problems, and appropriate action and solutions.