Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- applying relevant legislation and workplace procedures;
- communicating effectively with others;
- identifying, selecting and using relevant calculators, computing and office equipment;
- interpreting and following operational instructions and prioritising work;
- performing basic mathematical operations required when estimating and/or calculating mass, area and volumes of loads and transport/storage facilities including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
- reading and interpreting relevant instructions, procedures, information and labels;
- working collaboratively with others, and;
- working systematically with required attention to detail without injury to self or others, or damage to goods or equipment.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- Australian and international codes and regulations relevant to workplace activities;
- documentation requirements for the workplace activities concerned;
- focus of operation of work systems, equipment, management and site operating systems for transporting and/or storing goods and stock;
- problems that may occur when estimating and/or calculating mass, area and volumes of loads and transport/storage facilities, and appropriate action that can be taken to resolve these problems;
- relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) and environmental protection procedures and guidelines, and;
- workplace procedures and policies for estimating and/or calculating mass, area and volumes of loads, and transport and storage facilities, including the quantification of dimensions.