Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- use tools to identify the LLN skill requirements (reading, writing, speaking, listening and numeracy) of the training specification and/or assessment process relevant to vocational delivery;
- use various sources to gather information on the current LLN skills of a learner group;
- identify available sources of support to address at least two of the identified LLN skill needs of the learner group;
- customise and use at least two learning resources to address LLN requirements;
- select, use and review at least two instructional strategies that directly address the identified LLN needs of the learner group;
- use advice from specialist LLN practitioners to inform practice;
- select, use and review at least two assessment strategies that cater for the identified LLN needs of the learner group, and;
- determine areas for improvement of own practice.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- specify the critical LLN skills essential to workplace performance in an identified industry or sector;
- identify cultural and social sensitivities relevant to communicating with individuals who are identified as requiring LLN support;
- identify sources of resources, strategies and LLN support available in own training organisation and procedures for accessing them, and;
- explain techniques for evaluating own training and assessment practice.