Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each competency unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of project and work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- analysing a training package and/or accredited course, to examine its component parts, identify relevant qualifications and units of competency or modules, and contextualise those to meets the specific needs of one client, and;
- demonstrate a minimum of two examples of analysing training specifications, including at least one training package; the other may be another training package or an accredited course that meets a specific client need.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) guidelines, including characteristics of AQF qualification types;
- functions and responsibilities of training package developers, and course accreditation agencies, and their roles as key vocational education and training (VET) organisations;
- dimensions of competency;
- format and structure of accredited courses;
- format and structure of units of competency, and assessment requirements;
- function of training packages and accredited curriculum as benchmarks in a competency-based VET training and assessment system;
- methodology relating to analysing and using competency standards for a range of applications and purposes, to meet the needs of a diverse range of VET clients;
- terminology used in training packages and accredited courses;
- parts of training packages that can be contextualised and parts that cannot;
- Standards for Training Packages, including the role and purpose of each endorsed component;
- non-endorsed components of training packages, and;
- sources of training package information.