Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each competency unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of project and work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- designing, developing and reviewing learning programs within the vocational education and training (VET) context, and;
- preparing and developing a minimum of two learning programs that contain differentiated learning program designs to reflect particular needs, contexts and timelines.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- information about training package developers and course accreditation agencies responsible for specific learning program parameters;
- training packages and relevant competency standards to be used as the basis of the learning program;
- other performance standards and criteria to be used as the basis of the learning program, where relevant;
- the distinction and relationship between a training package/accredited course, learning strategy and learning program;
- the different purposes and focus of learning programs;
- instructional design principles relating to different design options for learning program design and structure;
- availability and types of different relevant learning resources, learning materials, and pre-developed learning activities;
- methodologies relating to developing and documenting new learning activities, and related learning materials;
- different delivery modes and methods;
- relevant policies, legal requirements, codes of practice and national standards, including commonwealth and state or territory legislation, that may affect training and assessment in the VET sector, and;
- describe relevant workplace health and safety (WHS) knowledge relating to the work role, and WHS considerations that need to be included in the learning program.