Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each competency unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of project and work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- planning and organising the assessment process on a minimum of five separate occasions, and;
- planning and organising two Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessments (which may be two of the five assessment processes above).
The evidence requirements for each occasion must include:
- a documented assessment plan;
- a different endorsed or accredited unit of competency (or clusters of units of competency) for each of the five occasions;
- contextualisation of the unit(s) of competency and the selected assessment tools, where required;
- incorporation of reasonable adjustment strategies;
- development of suitable assessment instruments for each of the five occasions, and;
- following organisational arrangements.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- obligations of an assessor under applicable legislation and/or standards;
- the major features of a unit of competency, and how they are to be addressed in assessment activities and processes;
- interpreting competency standards as the minimum standard for assessment;
- guidelines for contextualising units of competency;
- different purposes of assessment and different assessment contexts, including RPL;
- the purpose and features of evidence, and different types of evidence, used in competency-based assessments, including RPL;
- the principles of assessment, and how they guide the assessment process;
- the rules of evidence and how they guide the assessment process;
- different assessment methods, including their suitability for collecting various types of evidence, and;
- the components of assessment tools.