Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- develop and implement a plan for a project, addressing one or more of the following objectives: community or industry development; economic or social benefits; education or training; profit; research;
- administer and monitor the following components of the above project: dedicated project budget and financial control system; administrative components involving individual responsibility and reporting hierarchy for at least two of the following: advisory or reference group; consultants, contractors and suppliers; organisational management; project management committee; secretariat; progress against project objectives; quality control system; risk, regulatory and sustainability issues;
- lead a project team and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders during the planning and implementation phases of the above project, providing at least two of the following forms of support and assistance as appropriate: additional resources; formal training opportunities; informal coaching and feedback; moderation and joint planning sessions; regular meetings and briefings; representing team interests in wider forums, and;
- demonstrate sound administrative processes when planning and implementing the above project within required timeframes.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- project management processes and the project life cycle;
- project management plan inclusions;
- industry sector and organisation;
- risk, regulatory and sustainability issues for project management, particularly those related to: financial management; human resource management, and; physical resource management, and;
- potential stakeholders in a project.