Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- establish and maintain business relationships with at least two of the following: cooperative partner with organisation; contractor; customer; networks, and; supplier;
- conduct formal negotiations, or make and manage agreements and contracts in relation to the two relationships established above, relevant to the specific business context, and;
- demonstrate the use of high-level communication and relationship building skills when conducting formal negotiations and making commercially significant business-to-business agreements in the above business relationships.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- commercial context for business relationships in the relevant industry sector and related: industry structure and interrelationships; sources of supply; distribution and marketing networks, and; professional networks;
- opportunities to maintain regular contact with customers and suppliers: association membership; cooperative promotions; industry functions; informal social occasions; program of regular telephone contact, and; social media;
- principles of negotiation, stages in the negotiating process, and different negotiation techniques that can be applied;
- nature of agreements and contracts in the relevant industry sector and their key role, features and inclusions;
- key components of contract law at an overview level: terms and obligations of contract; methods of contractual agreement; exclusion clauses; dispute resolution clause; termination of contracts, and;
- other legal requirements that impact negotiations and agreements in the relevant industry.