Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- plan the delivery of at least two in-house events or functions listed in the knowledge evidence to meet the operational requirements of diverse customers;
- prepare and present accurate and comprehensive event proposals and operational documentation for each of the above events, and;
- demonstrate the following for each of the above events: liaise with internal personnel and external suppliers to facilitate effective event planning and booking of services; issue event orders and operational documents, and; complete activities within commercial time constraints and event deadlines.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- types of in-house events and functions;
- characteristics of different types of events and functions staged in commercial venues;
- key features and functions of event staging products and services;
- styles used in venue room set-up and their different purposes;
- different formats;
- key environmental and social impacts of event delivery and minimal impact procedures, and;
- specific organisation or event procedure and processes.