Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- select and safely use cleaning agents and equipment to clean at least two of the following areas over three service periods: outdoor; indoor; dry or wet recreation centre; build and non-built;
- complete the above in response to at least three of the following hazards: leaking or damaged containers; defects in the storage area; contamination; spillages; unsecured equipment; breakages;
- complete above cleaning tasks to required standards, and;
- complete all required documentation according to policies and procedures and with the following information: dates and times; areas cleaned; staff member involvement.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- cleaning chemicals, equipment and procedures for wet and dry surfaces and materials;
- safe operational practices using essential functions and features of equipment used to clean wet and dry areas;
- role and use of safety data sheets (SDS);
- safe manual-handling techniques;
- safe handling requirements for hazardous cleaning products, including their disposal;
- hygiene procedures and requirements;
- ways of minimising negative environmental impacts in the cleaning process;
- standards for presentation of premises and organisational procedures to achieve them, and;
- hazards associated with cleaning agents.