Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- problem-solving skills to address activity-specific problems and client interaction or conflict;
- communication and interpersonal skills to enhance interaction with clients;
- conflict-resolution and negotiation skills to enable smooth functioning of the group, and;
- literacy skills to enable the creation of written plans and performance records.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- theories of group dynamics to understand and respond to group behaviour;
- stages of group formation, such as forming, norming, storming, performing and adjourning to enable effective and constructive group support;
- leadership styles, categories and types, and;
- facilitation techniques to assist the group to obtain the best outcomes.