Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- facilitate the effective functioning of at least three groups, and develop strategies to resolve problems: group and individual goals that the individual has identified and clarified; group members who have diverse styles, aspirations, cultures and perspectives;
- use the following techniques to assist each group to facilitate optimum outcomes: task allocation; mentoring, and;
- provide opportunities to encourage groups to openly propose, discuss and resolve issues through: group management skills; group decision making; listening skills; negotiation techniques; defining roles and responsibilities.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- factors that contribute to optimal performance;
- group dynamics and interactions that influence the attitudes and behaviours of others;
- stages of group development to enable effective and constructive group support;
- leadership styles, categories and types, appropriate to a range of group situations;
- collaborative approaches to develop effective working relationships;
- barriers to effective group development and performance, and;
- facilitation techniques to assist the group to obtain the best outcomes.