Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- plan and conduct at least ten different sport, fitness or recreation sessions involving: planned tasks, games, activities and exercises of varying durations; communication, demonstration and explanation of: content, timing and sequence of activities: appropriate apparel and footwear; techniques and safe use of equipment; warm-up and cool-down techniques; activities during sessions; potential hazards;
- use the following communication skills: clear verbal communication; modelling and demonstration; motivational techniques, and;
- complete session evaluations: own work performance; collection of participant feedback: suitability and safety of facilities and equipment; content of session; structure and content of the activity or session; participant progress.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- basic aspects of legislation related to planning, conducting and evaluating sport, fitness or recreation sessions;
- organisational policies and procedures related to planning, conducting and evaluating sessions;
- components of sport, fitness or recreation sessions;
- participant needs;
- tests and assessments appropriate to preparing for sport, fitness or recreation sessions;
- likely demands of participants and sessions;
- resource requirements for sessions;
- external factors that may affect session outcomes;
- conflict resolution strategies to enable group cohesion and interaction;
- equipment specifications, testing and checking techniques to ensure the selection and safe use of appropriate equipment, and;
- evaluation processes to enable improvements to be made to the program.