Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- assist a supervisor to plan and conduct at least five different sport, fitness or recreation sessions;
- use the following communication skills: clear verbal communication; modelling and demonstration, and; motivational techniques, and;
- contribute to each session evaluation: provision of personal feedback, and; collection of participant feedback.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- basic aspects of legislation related to planning, conducting and evaluating sport, fitness or recreation sessions
- organisational policies and procedures related to planning, conducting and evaluating sport, fitness or recreation sessions;
- the aims of sport, fitness or recreation sessions;
- components of sport, fitness or recreation session plans;
- potential hazards associated with activities and strategies to maximise safe participation;
- techniques and skills appropriate to the session;
- equipment specifications and instructions to enable the selection and safe use of appropriate equipment for identified activities;
- techniques to motivate participants to encourage interaction and participation, and;
- organisational referral and reporting requirements, to a supervisor or other appropriate personnel.