Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- set up, demonstrate, use, dismantle, and store at least ten different pieces of equipment for activities over at least three different sessions;
- demonstrate the use of: appropriate equipment suitable to the activity and participant requirements, and; appropriate personal protection equipment such as helmets, gloves, shin pads;
- convey information about essential safety aspects of all equipment, and;
- complete the appropriate documentation to record.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- strategies to access and provide equipment for the relevant sessions;
- basic aspects of legislation that enable safe equipment use, maintenance and storage;
- organisational policies and procedure to enable safe equipment use, maintenance and storage;
- equipment specifications and instructions to enable the selection and safe use of appropriate equipment for identified activities, and;
- equipment testing and checking techniques, as specified by manufacturer.