Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- comprehend, confirm and follow instructions correctly from a supervisor to mix and evenly apply these types of hair colour products, and;
- provide the following hair colour services cumulatively across the above suite of clients: whole head and re-growth.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- physical effects, at an overview level, of semi, demi and permanent colour products on hair;
- for the products being used: mixing and application instructions; role and basic content of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) or plain English workplace documents or diagrams that interpret SDS content;
- basic aspects of local government, state or territory health regulations applicable to providing hair colouring services;
- industry practices and organisational procedures for client comfort and safety;
- work health and safety for applying hair colour products;
- minimising wastage of hair colouring products, and;
- waste disposal with particular emphasis on environmentally sound disposal methods for hazardous and other hairdressing waste.