Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures, and;
- demonstrates completion of the operation of small plant and equipment that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identifying small plant and equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- identifying basic soil types and characteristics;
- applying small plant and equipment operating techniques related to essential tasks;
- interpreting and applying safety data sheets (SDS) and materials handling methods, and;
- interpreting and applying industry and site specific terminology.