Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies relevant legislation documentation, policies and procedures, and;
- demonstrates completion of using hand and power tools that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identifying hand tools and their application;
- identifying portable power tools and their application;
- identifying energy/power sources;
- identifying and applying materials associated with use;
- identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- interpreting safety data sheets (SDS) and materials handling methods, and;
- interpreting and applying Industry and worksite terminology.