Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- conducting prestart checks prior to commencing operations and shutdown procedures on completion of operations;
- driving and operating the equipment, and adjusting techniques to suit site conditions;
- completion of operations to specification using at least two different material types (i.e. one different material type per occasion);
- selecting, fitting, testing, using and removing at least two attachments (i.e. one attachment per occasion), which must be certified and approved in line with workplace procedures, and;
- parking and securing of equipment.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- isolation requirements;
- fires, accidents and emergencies;
- work health and safety, including signs of operator fatigue and how it should be managed;
- site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- project quality requirements;
- operational, maintenance and basic diagnostics;
- personal protective equipment;
- recyclable materials, and;
- housekeeping activities.