Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of conducting telescopic materials handler operations;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the conducting of telescopic materials handler operations that meets all the required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of conducting telescopic materials handler operations that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- telescopic materials handler types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- techniques for calculating safe working loads;
- telescopic materials handler and attachment operating techniques related to essential tasks;
- isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- safety data sheet and materials handling methods;
- methods of changing machine attachments;
- safe operating techniques in varying terrain;
- basic calculations;
- levelling techniques, and;
- job safety analyses/safe work method statement.