Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies relevant legislation, documentation, policies and procedures;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete effective implementation and monitoring of environmental policies to meet all required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of implementing and monitoring environmental policies that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- application of legislation from all levels of government that affects business operation, especially in regard to work health and safety, environmental and energy efficiency issues, equal opportunity, industrial relations and anti-discrimination;
- knowledge of environmental and energy efficiency issues, especially in regard to recycling and wastewater treatment, catchments, air, noise, ecosystems, habitat, and waste minimization;
- application of environmental and energy efficiency management systems, policies and procedures;
- implementing best practice approaches;
- carrying out quality assurance systems;
- engaging in the supply chain procedures, and;
- employing strategies to maximise opportunities and minimize impacts.